Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Things I Will Miss about New Orleans When I Leave on My Quest for Non-Easel-Related Employment and Health Food:

1. "Scarless breast augmentation" billboards
2. Comically dirty, over-the-top politics that make no pretense of politeness or restraint
3. The social acceptability of being really drunk during daylight hours
4. Roast beef sandwiches dripping with gravy and mayonnaise
5. Fried oyster po-boys. Hell, fried anything sandwiches. Not so big in the Northeast.
6. "I can have a coke?" "What time it is?"
7. Girls from Chalmette
8. Seeing sunrise from a bar. Deciding you might as well stay out longer since it's already morning.
9. Rodents of Unusual Size

3 Comments:

At November 24, 2004 at 4:48 PM, Blogger jeffrey said...

10. Jeffrey

 
At December 3, 2004 at 6:20 AM, Blogger oyster said...

Nine and ten seem redundant.

 
At December 3, 2004 at 3:30 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Perhaps I should combine them into "chunky rats."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home